🇬🇧🇺🇸Management Summary Module 4 (15-17. August 2017)

So far the most emotionally challenging module is over.
This time the content was produced by my classmates and me. Everyone was preparing a lecture of 20 minutes. Goal was to present within this time to the others the life and its up and downs with focus on the recovery.

Two week rest since the module ended, but I am still feeling as I was hit by a bus.
I’m in major depression episode, not just because of the module. I had too many appointment and not enough regeneration for quite some time. Anyway let me try to write this summery.

I can’t go into detail of the other stories as it is very private and intim stuff.

Something that came out clear, that many of us suffered a lot in our lives. Sadly we share many horrific experiences.

But what made us come together is the fact, that we made it trough the difficulties and started the walk on our own recovery way.

What came out clear is, that our recovery ways are individual. There is sadly no recipe that helped all. It would be great if that was the case.

Nonetheless I will list a view points that helped me and or others

Sport

Music listening, playing, singing
Preparation for travel
Traveling
Nature
Books
Speaking with other Patients/Peers
Speaking about it (in general)
Pregnancy and experience the enjoyment moments with Kids in general
Having the responsibilities for others like kids or animals
Art and creativity
Attending support groups
Being proud of the stuff you have archived
Therapy and being involved in the way it should take
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Socializing
Recovery course and trainings
Noticing the signals of the body and reducing stress if so signalized Accepting support
Recognizing strength and resources
Accepting the situation and handling the life with the new handicap
Understanding the meaning of the crisis
Setting new goals in life
Having a Plan B ready
Cancelling old friendships that are only draining energy rather then giving
Making a clear decision death or life and then be consequent in cherishing the life
Be aware that you can't run away from your problems. It is a backpack that sticks with you
Face your problems



What impressed me in the lectures was the different styles. 18 different stories and 18 different ways to tell them.

I was creating a video project others where making a poetry slam. From Power Point presentation to telling their stories as a fairy tale. From a presentation with flowers and it meaning for my classmate to a singing performance. One of my colleagues even build a life size scale and presented the good and bad times in his life this way.
Impressive stuff, life stories, people and friends. I am honored and proud to be part of this unique group. I really think, that we will help and support patients in our future.

Extraordinary how creative the lectures were.
I feel privilege to be a part of this great education.

Last week I was attending my first Supervision ever. It was somehow good to see, that the other 4 of my group were also struggling with settling the emotions that have naturally emerged after 3 days of difficult life stories and listening to them.

We are still humans after all.

On that bombshell

Take care night owls
Best regards, Dirk P. Flörchinger

Popular posts from this blog

CBASP Therapie

🇬🇧🇺🇸About & Disclamer

🇩🇪🇨🇭 Management Summary Modul 6 (10-12. Oktober 2017)