🇬🇧🇺🇸Management Summary Module 5&6 (September&October 2017)

Its been a while since my last English post. I had a stressful time, think you understand.
Moving on
My summery is therefore for 2 Modules and an Internship Day.
Module 5 was Recovery. It was a really weak one. I had high expectations, as recovery is the core of my future job as a Peer. I was really disappointed as we weren’t getting great informations as in the previous Modules.
So I can’t make a summery, as there is no information to summarize. The information on Wikipedia has way more substance then the stuff we received.
2 weeks after module recovery, we had one day, were we talked about our experiences in our first internship. The majority of us had a good place and learned a lot in the 40 hours we worked. We also talked about the supervision we had several weeks ago. Most criticism was the timeframe. 2.5 Hours isn’t enough to talk about troubling cases, when 5 Peers and a supervisor are in one room. Otherwise the supervision and also intervision is a great way to talk to others when patients and the cases of them giving us troubles.

Summary Module 6 Assessments

I'm feeling really good. I am as happy as I have been for half a year.
Our class is still growing stronger.
There was a feeling of a break-up. Finally something practical, that I can try in practice.
I liked the exercises and talks and it let me grown a bit personally.
The theme of these three days was assessment. In summary, the assessments are used to record the current situation of a patient.
The special thing this time was that we had guests from former EX-IN courses, who had to attend the module to complete their diploma and receive it.
I was somewhat reserved against the idea that "strangers" come into the class. I then recognized that I can tap the two as a resource.
I also plan to do this with our future guests. I liked the fact that our guests felt more comfortable with us, than in their own class. A confirmation of my feeling that we are something special.
For the first time, we were allowed to choose our partners to do the exercises ourselves. Usually it was randomized.
I was scared every time that no one chooses me, as I used to do in school sports (except for volleyball and basketball).
Once again an unfounded fear. On the contrary: I already have registrations for the next module because I could not work with everyone who would have liked to do this with me in this module.
During the three days, we learned a lot of tools to help us deal with our future patients and to focus on the patient in conversations.
My highlight of the module was an exercise of giving and being presented.
We got 20 small notes, on which we should write something positive for everyone.
A friendly feedback, which characters characteristics one at the other so noticeable.
Who finished with all the papers, was allowed to go out and gifting himself with something beautiful. I wanted to have some peace and went to the big church in St. Urban, which characterizes the whole area.
I went in, checked if anyone was there. Then I began to sing very loudly and wrongly, my favorite song of the last days by Julia Engelmann.
A great realization I could draw from the fact: that "ONLY", because a church seems empty and abandoned, it does not necessarily have to be empty.
Suddenly a head raised between the foremost banks. I looked into a very surprised and shocked face.
I told the story in the class.
I would never have told the story before in the plenum. Today I no longer sink into shame, but can laugh at myself and the situation.
The gift session was very long, but it was useful to give the whole thing so much time.
During the break I began reading what the others had written about me.
It was too much for me and the moment. I became very emotional quickly.
I will certainly read the presents, I consider them really as a gift, to me again and again, but certainly not all at the same time.
I went into the module with an above-average basic mood and I left it really happy.
Nothing more to ask.
Now that I write these lines, I am concerned with something else.
Tomorrow starts my second internship. On a station that had never had a peer.
I'm a little nervous, how I can fit into the station and into the team.
What patients are waiting for me and how I can put the lessons learned so far into practice.
So thats it for the moment.

;

Take care night owls
Best regards, Dirk P. Flörchinger

Popular posts from this blog

CBASP Therapie

🇬🇧🇺🇸About & Disclamer

🇩🇪🇨🇭 Management Summary Modul 6 (10-12. Oktober 2017)